Monday, July 28, 2008

Free Printable Paper Cards

free printable paper cardsWhat am I up to now? I'm looking for free printable paper cards of course!

When I was younger, card creation software came bundled with the purchase of a PC. I distinctly remember Corel having some sort of card creation studio (there was an animated bear or candy shoppe or something...) that was awesome despite it's limited library of cheesy clip art. Microsoft Word and Publisher come with card templates, but not everyone uses Mircosoft products.

E-cards are readily available but sometimes a paper card is the most appropriate. Somewhere along the way the traditional printable paper card has become less popular and harder to find online. So for the next few days I'll be trying sites out and testing some of the available flashed based card creators out there.

Today I took a look at Free Ez Card Creator. It's cute little ad driven application that makes both printable paper cards (using your own images or a selection of goofy clip art) and non animated ecards. The interface is simple enough, the options are fairly limited, and installing the program means clicking "decline" through endless pages of offers (grrrr... !!! I hate that) but overall it would be a decent little app for someone who isn't familiar with photoshop or similar graphics editing software. I would give it a 3 out of 5. I'll let you know what else I find.

.............

I just visited Greetings Island. They have a variety of e-cards, games, and other goodies on their site. They are another ad driven site but they do not require the user to sign up or click through offers to use their card generator program. The card generator is pleasantly designed and simple to use. It has enough functionality to create a basic card, but though it allows the import of images it does not offer a "blank" template to start with. Any cards must begin with one of the available cards, meaning that you can not upload your own image and text exclusively to the cover of the card. 3 out of 5.

...............

Unique Gift Maker Greeting Card Free Edition was a total bust. I downloaded, istalled, and started it up only to discover that the interface was nasty complicated (for making a gift card, anyways) and before I had even created my first card it crash. 0 out of 5.

No comments: