Thursday, April 17, 2014

Free Homework Rewards Punch Card and Prize Currency Printables

Okay, I have two wonderful nieces that are both in elementary school (well 4 wonderful nieces, 3 in elementary school but this soap-box ranting is related to only 2 of them), one doesn't like to turn in her homework, and the other is grossly lacking  proper economical terms.

My Shelley (the youngest of the two and in the second grade) doesn't like to do and/or turn in homework (sometimes it's done, but sits in her backpack for a week!)  For her I have created these cute little punch cards.  There is a place for her name, an encouraging text, and when all ten of the stars are "punched" (like those coffee or buffet cards we get at popular restaurants and cafes) then she may turn in that card for whatever prize is set for that goal (or a dip into the "treasure" box!)
((NOTE:  I keep an old boot box of left over party favors, stocking stuffers and stuff that I have scored from 50 cent machines...and waalaa instant TREASURE BOX!))

HOMEWORK SUPER STAR Rewards Card

This is what each card looks like; there are nine cards on each page.  I am going to use some cheap card stock that I have piled up, and since I do not have a proper hole punch at the moment I think that I will put a dot with a black marker, or sign my initials (like that do the ones from the chinese buffet down the street form me at lunch time) for each day she does AND turns in her homework (she has an "agenda" where her teacher makes notes for when things are not turned in.) Teachers could use them too as an incentive to get students to actually turn in homework! :)

The next item up for grabs can be used by mom's at home, or teachers at school, and we must not forget all of  the mom's that teach at home...:) Anyhow, this is "PRIZE CURRENCY" that can be earned by doing homework, chores, going to bed on time, brushing teeth, what-have-you.  There is a TON of printable "Prize Money" to be found on the internet, but mine specifically do not say "MONEY", I used the word "CURRENCY" and I did this for a reason!!!  Phyllisity, the third grader looked at me like I was speaking an alien language to her a few days ago when I told her that the gold dollar that she got from the tooth fairy was in fact actually American currency.  She then asks me with a squirrelled-up face, "What is 'currency'?" I thought that I would fall over! She is in the third grade and has social studies, math, and vocabulary lessons at school; how has she never heard this word?!?




PRIZE CURRENCY ($1 NOTES)

With all that said, here is the "currency" that we are going to use at home.  Hopefully she can not only learn the value of working hard to earn said "currency" but maybe it will broaden her vocabulary as well!!!
There are 6 notes per page.  I'm not sure if card stock , regular old printer paper or a nice glossy would be my pick for this project.  I guess that your budget, what you have in stock, or your fancy can lead you to decide which is best for you and yours on this one! :)

Maybe that "Treasure Box" can come in handy again for this project.  Simply put a "price" on things inside.  Or maybe one could have a "Prize Closet", or currency could be exchanged for a trip to the skate park, or a "stay-up-15-extra-minutes-at-bed-time" pass (might be best if there was a "non-school-night-only-clause" on this one)...it's limitless and up to you, so set your price! :)

Thank you all for stopping by and tolerating my rants!

GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL & HAPPY PRINTING! :)

CONTRIBUTOR: -Stephanie Corchado-C. of LIFEINENGSPANOL.BLOGSPOT.COM

1 comment:

Jamie Austin said...

These work well. We use the same system with Daaks when he forget what behaviors are expected of him.