Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"Passover" Bingo And Table Decor


I want to start off by saying that anyone who has been around this site enough know's that my sister (the site owner/creator/head-honcho) Jamie Sue is a bona-fide heathen (or some kind of Buddhist, I'm never sure with her), as where I am a Jesus loving Christian, but all are welcome here, this is a non-judgement zone!  :)  This being said about the religious melting pot that is my family, I have to say that I love to learn about other's beliefs, virtues, and traditions!  I stumbled quite by mistake (the first time) onto some really awesome Passover printables.  Passover is Jewish holiday, it is celebrated around the time that I celebrate Easter, and that Jamie Sue celebrates Spring Equinox (which was March 20th this year..I always thought that they were closer together on the calendar.)

For those of you reading this who are unschooled in the ways of the Jewish Holidays like me, you might be like, "What is this 'Passover' that you speak of?" Well, my Google search for "define Passover" reads:
Pass·o·ver
ˈpasˌōvər/
noun
  1. 1.
    the major Jewish spring festival that commemorates the liberation of the Israelites from Egyptian slavery, lasting seven or eight days from the 15th day of Nisan.

Now that we've all had a little freeprintablefun-school lesson let's get back to subject.  I have found a very rich and profound history though my readings (not just the definition above...I did do some research), some of which still applies to me as  a Christian.  Moses' burning bush...I read about that. I knew of the plagues, and the slavery,  I just never knew that they were a very important part of a holiday. ..hmm..just didn't know.

Anyhow, I have found some great printables that I am gonna throw links up for, but I bid any of you, especially those who have no clue about Passover (like me) to crack open your Google Search tab and read into the history of Passover, or maybe ask someone from your community who is of the Jewish faith, there is a wealth of knowledge and some really good lessons here, no matter one's faith.  We may or may not be Jew, or we may or may not be "goyim" (look it up), but we can all take something wonderful away from learning about  the suffering and later triumph that is the base of the Passover celebration!

Getting off of my soap box and posting links...here we go...


I found this free printable "Happy Passover BINGO" game, it has wonderfully loud colors, and looks like a piece that I would personally laminate for future use! (It's nice!) Also there are some great name tags and napkin holders at the same site!  Let's get to printing yall! :)

Passover Bingo Cards
(pictured above)


Passover name tags and napkin rings
















HAPPY PRINTING, & GOOD YONTIF!!!

1 comment:

Richard C. Lambert said...

I found this free printable "Happy Passover BINGO" game, it has wonderfully loud colors, and looks like a piece that I would personally laminate for future use! (It's nice!) Also there are some great name tags and napkin holders at the same site! Let's get to printing yall online bingo